MENTAWAI SURF RETREAT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mentawai Surf Retreat does not assume responsibility for those inherent risks which may cause unfortunate accidents, incidents, or delays with our guest’s travel arrangements. Mentawai Surf Retreat will not be held responsible for injury, death, damage, loss, delay, cost, expense, or inconvenience arising from travel misfortunes beyond our control.
1. $500 deposit due at time of booking.
2. All deposits and final payments are Non-Refundable. Please refer to cancellation policy for more details.
Surfing can be a risky sport, and travel delays can cost you. We wish our guest to have a safe and incident free trip, but accidents do happen. Travel Insurance is mandatory for all guests. Travel insurance covering medical evacuation is required. If you are unsure what insurance to purchase please inquire with us and we can recommend an insurance company. You must provide us with your travel insurance policy details on your Booking Form. In addition, we recommend purchasing travel insurance that will cover any costs incurred due to delays, flight cancellations, missed connections, natural disasters, etc.
1. Final Payment is due at 45 Days prior to booking date and is non-refundable.
2. Payment may be paid by Pay Pal using Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Bank or any acceptable form of payment on Pay Pal.
3. Any form of payment constitutes acceptance of the Terms and Conditions stated on this document.
4. Customers are responsible a 4% Pay Pal service charge. This charge will be added to your final invoice.
5. Customers are responsible for a $15 USD Bank Transfer Fee for each International Bank Transfer. MSR is not responsible for customer bank transfer sender fees. In the event we receive a short payment customers will be held accountable for the difference.
All booking payments are non-refundable.
There are no refunds, or partial refunds, given for early departures from a designated charter, poor surf, inclement weather, or injury. In addition, there are no refunds given for reasons pertaining to unstable global, national, or local political situation that does not directly pose a threat to the safe operations of our trips. No refunds shall be payable if you fail to arrive at the transport link at the recommended time provided by the Company at Padang International Airport on the day of Commencement, or if you voluntarily leave a trip for any reason after the trip has begun or you cannot fulfill your planned trip and / or activities due to injury or illness. No refunds will be payable for any accommodation, transport, sightseeing, meals or services not utilized.
If a booking is rescheduled with 90 days minimum notice to Commencement by way of email, no fee shall apply. If a booking is rescheduled with 60 days minimum notice (but less than 90 days) to commencement by way of email, a re-scheduling fee equal to 25% of the paid deposit moneys shall apply. If a booking is rescheduled less than 60 days prior to commencement by way of email, a re-scheduling fee of 50% of the paid moneys shall apply.
TRANSPORTATION TO ISLAND:
The safety of our guests is our first priority. The crossing from Padang is dependent on weather conditions. The decision to cross is based off the discretion of the experienced captain of the chartered vessel. In such a situation, we will do all we can to minimize disruptions to your trip. However, please note that neither Mentawai Surf Retreat nor the operators of the chartered vessel will be liable for any additional expenses incurred or any time lost.
The transfer fee was calculated to cover the cost of transferring guests between the airport and Mentawai Surf Retreat. The main component of the transfer fee is the cost of the charter of the boat for its return trip between Padang and Mentawai Surf Retreat. This cost was calculated based on the fuel prices in September 2013. In the cases of an increase in fuel prices Mentawai Surf Retreat reserve the right to pass on any increase in cost of the charter to their guests by way of an increase of the transfer fee.
Mentawai Surf Retreat prohibits the transport of any weapons, drugs, etc. We will accept no liability and will assist authorities if a search of the vessel is ordered. Mentawai Surf Retreat reserves the right to refuse access to our vessels and charters to persons that are intoxicated, known to possess drugs, are abusive or considered a threat to the safety of the vessel or those aboard.
Mentawai Surf Retreat does not accept responsibility for any missed travel connections, including the chartered vessel out of Padang. In the unlikely event that a guest misses the boat transfer to NyangNyang Island, Mentawai Surf Retreat is not financially responsible for the incurred costs to book another charter to the retreat.
1. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure.
2. If applicable, a valid visa is required for travel.
AIRLINE RELATED INFORMATION:
1. Mentawai Surf Retreat is not responsible for airline board fees or baggage policies.
2. Mentawai Surf Retreat does not accept any responsibility for late arrival or non-arrival of surfboards/surfboard bags or any other luggage.
1. Mentawai Surf Retreat is not responsible for health problems arising from environmental factors during your stay.
Mentawai Surf Retreat will use all due care for the provision of its services and activities provided to guests. Guests participate in activities and use services at Mentawai Surf Retreat at their own risk. No liability or responsibility is accepted by Mentawai Surf Retreat for any injury, illness, damage, loss, accident, expense, or any other claim arising from involvement in any activities or provision of any services howsoever suffered, even in circumstances where staff of Mentawai Surf Retreat may have negligently breached any duty of care that it or they may owe or have owed in connection with such activities, conduct, supervision, or the provision of services. Mentawai Surf Retreat is no longer be liable for direct or indirect losses, arising from any such injury, illness, damage, loss accident, or expense including consequential loss or economic loss however caused.